What interested me most was that the photos were poor quality and the bike looked pretty rough so I guessed the bidding would be low, but there seemed to be nothing fundamentally wrong with it.
My guess turned out to be correct and I won it for £34, the next day and a £10 train journey later and I had it home...
The stem was seized at a funny angle, that was a bit of a bugger, as it was an odd 7mm allen key, which I didn't have amongst my tools but I found one in the workshop at work and set it right.
The chain had seen better days and the clearcoat was flaking
Rather more money than I had hoped and several hours of elbow grease later and she is looking quite fine
All the alloy was cleaned by scrubbing with aluminium kitchen foil and water.
I handed it over last night, first impressions were good, we'll take it out over the weekend and see how it rides.